Re: [Axiom-developer] contact at ibm

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] contact at ibm
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:46:06 -0500

CY,

> Tim, is there any chance the edge and node code could be
> applied to other codebases?  I've often wished there was
> some way to generate a call tree for lisp code bases, but
> I'm not aware of a good one currently.  (Sooner or later I'll
> probably get off my butt and see about getting Albert to
> produce graphviz output in addition to it's docbook output, but
> touchgraph looks like a more convenient way for interactively
> exploring.  I'd hoped someday to be able to generate a manual
> for the Maxima code base that contained a call graph for each
> function, and eventually use that information to modularize the
> code into lisp packages.)

All I do is process the input files (in lisp ) to write a flat file
with format:

NODE nodename1
NODE nodename2
NODE nodename3
EDGE nodename1 nodename2
EDGE nodename1 nodename3

and then I wrote java to read the flat file, create and hash the
nodes, and then create the edges.

Perhaps I'll put the codepile up on arch so others can play.