Re[2]: [Axiom-developer] Running AXIOM on Windows in a TeXmacs window ?

From: Vladimir Bondarenko
Subject: Re[2]: [Axiom-developer] Running AXIOM on Windows in a TeXmacs window ?
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:15:19 +0200

Hello William,

Much thanks for your help! I already downloaded TeXmacs and installed it.
Hmm... cannot run AXIOM from within the TeXmacs  8(

On Dec 18, 2004, you write in '[Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]'

WP> To start an Axiom session from within TeXmacs use the menu options
WP> -- **Insert/Session/Axiom**

I put TeXmacs not by default onto c: but onto d: . There is no menu option
"Insert/Session/Axiom", only

"Insert/Session/Scheme",
"Insert/Session/Maple",
"Insert/Session/Other"

Just in case, I have searched all the menus but found none mention about
Axiom. If I run the AXIOM after the TeXmacs installation, I again see the
good old AXIOM's DOS-like screen. How to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 9:54:38 PM, you write:

BP> On 2005/01/30 Sun PM 10:55:25 EST Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
>>
>> Unexpectedly, I found the following
>>
>> http://axiom.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/screenshots.html
>>
>> > Axiom is now running under Windows. This is a screenshot of Axiom
>> > running on Windows in a TeXmacs window
>>
>> Up to now, after installation AXIOM worked in a DOS-like mode.
>>

BP> This is described on the MathAction site

BP> http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/TeXmacs

BP> and discussed extensively on the axiom-developer archives

BP> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer

BP> (search for texmacs)

>> I have tried to run  tm_axiom.exe,  but this is not what I
>> need. Running the Program menu's item brings the DOS interface.
>>

BP> tm_axiom.exe is the interface program between Axiom and TeXmacs.
BP> It is intended only to be used by TeXmacs internally.

>> How can I run AXIOM in a nice TeXmacs window?
>> What I should install etc?
>>

BP> Just install TeXmacs. I recommend this version

BP>   http://page.axiom-developer.org/wintexmacs-1.0.4.4.exe

BP> mentioned on the above web page. It has a minor fix to the
BP> axiom stylesheet to fix a small formatting error.

BP> Regards,
BP> Bill Page.

BP> __________ NOD32 1.940 (20041205) Information __________

BP> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
BP> http://www.nod32.com

Viva la Cyber Tester!

--
Vladimir Bondarenko