[Axiom-developer] Axiom Mathaction output emails

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Mathaction output emails
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:47:40 -0800 (PST)

This is just really a minor nitpick, but is there some way to prevent
so many emails with "minor" changes from being generated for
Mathaction?  I like getting the discussions forwarded to the list, but
it's not very convenient to get an email every time a minor change like
THe -> The is made, or an example is tried by someone to see how the
equation input works.  So I have two questions/suggestions, one
possibly impractical and one possibly less so:

a)  Could the email output be changed for Mathaction so that, instead
of email after email, there is one "digest" email that is sent out each
day that contains all the "minor" changes, and have more substantial
changes be sent as individual emails?  That way, we can still see all
the changes but the "minor" ones are easier to ignore if we don't need
to check them out.  I know the definition of "minor" is not simple and
maybe not even possible, but perhaps some sort of workable definition
could be found?

b)  Can there be a "scratchpad" area where people can input test
expressions without those equations being sent to the list, except
perhaps again as a "digest" email?  That way, we could see what
equations people are trying, what mistakes are being made, but not have
them mixed in with normal developer traffic.

Sorry if this is a non-issue, or impractical.  Just thought I'd see if
anyone else has had similar thoughts.

CY