[Axiom-developer] -I/usr/include/sys on MacOS X

From: Pierre Doucy
Subject: [Axiom-developer] -I/usr/include/sys on MacOS X
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:14:53 +0100

Hi all,

Working on the Mac OS X port of axiom, I encountered some problems in
wct.c regarding time manipulation. I figured out that the problem came
from the fact that -I/usr/include/sys was passed to gcc, which lead to
including the bad time.h
(http://lists.apple.com/archives/unix-porting/2004/Feb/msg00062.html).
The Makefile.pamphlet in the axiom root directory says :

"We need to add [[-I/usr/include/sys]] because [[malloc.h]] has been
moved on this platform."

What I suggest is to remove the -I/usr/include/sys and add something like

#ifdef MACOSXplatform
#include <sys/malloc.h>
#else
#include <malloc.h>
#endif

Does anyone see a better solution, or can I go on with that ?

Pierre DOUCY

--
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.