RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: darcs patch: Remove system utilities.

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: darcs patch: Remove system utilities.
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:49:37 -0500

Mike,

Thankyou for testing this and thanks for the patch!!!

On Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:14 PM Mike Thomas wrote:

> Following up on Bill's grand experiment with darcs you should
> receive on this mailing list a patch generated with 'darcs send'
> dealing with the 'cat' and related Unix system utility bug on
> Windows.
>
> In practical terms this means that the ')summary' and
> ')copyright' commands
> now work.

Excellent! It worked perfectly.

Your patch appeared as an attachment in my email program.
I saved the attachment as a file named darcs-13421. Then
the commands

  cd axiom--windows--1
  darcs apply ../darcs-13421

applied the patch - just like snapping my fingers :)
I scp'd the file to axiom-developer.org and applied the
same patch to the repository. I was done in 20 seconds.

I am REALLY beginning to like darcs! :)

I would like to do the GCL 2.6.6 patches next. Since as
a patch this would be quite large because of the new gcl
tarball, if you are still on a slow internet link I can
do this from my local sources after my next rebuild
(by tomorrow).

Thanks again.

Cheers,