Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: axiom porting

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: axiom porting
Date: 01 May 2005 01:09:39 -0400

Greetings!  I've created the 2.6.7pre branch.  Everything is basically
there minus a few gcl-tk demos fixes and possibly a stdin read
multiplexer option (using select) for server sockets.  Please test.

I've added a :daemon keyword to the si::socket function which
backgrounds a process to handle incoming connections via the specified
function automatically.  If :daemon is set to :persistent, then the
backgrounded process will survive when the parent exists. This appears
to work in my preliminary testing.  It should be #ifdef'ed so as not
to interfere with windows, as I imagine it will take some considerable
work to achieve the same there.  Mike it would be nice to get your
opinions on how some windows compatibility code might be put together
at some point.  For now, the option should simply be ignored on non
BSD based systems.  It would of coure also be nice if someone could
kindly give a quick sanity check on windows to make sure the build
hasn't been accidentally ruined :-).

Here is the changelog thus far vis a vis 2.6.6:

gcl (2.6.6-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fix (listen) with readline on
  * fix control-d with readline
  * libreadline5 support for Debian
  * Support for pre-compiled regexps and new texinfo format
  * Reenable run-process
  * Push function 'accept  into lisp, use select for 'listen on socket
    streams
  * New Upstream release version
  * Native-reloc feature
  * Add daemon capabilities to server sockets, document socket and
    accept

 -- Camm Maguire <address@hidden>  Sun,  1 May 2005 04:12:16 +0000

Take care,