[Axiom-developer] xemacs in GNOME can't send data to process, xemacs in

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] xemacs in GNOME can't send data to process, xemacs in xterm can
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 00:36:40 +0200

Hello (ter)

xemacs calls the program axiom :

When I call emacs or xemacs -nw in a xterm I can send data to axiom
and read the result.

When I call emacs or xemacs from a xterm in an other X11 windows,
I can send data to axiom and read the result.

When I call emacs or xemacs (v. 21.5 beta 18) from the gnome tool-bar
I read data BUT it seems that axiom (the program) doesn't receive any
data after

When I call emacs or xemacs from the gnome tool-bar with the option
"to run in an xterm" then the the icon opens an xterm and
I can send data to axiom and read the result.

My tool-bar properties runs : xemacs21_5.2005_03 or emacs.

Every time I do :
(start-process "axiom" (current-buffer) "axiom")
(process-send-string "axiom" "123\r")

Is it a bug^H^H^H feature of xemacs ? of axiom  ? of gnome ?

Where is the virtual input (keyboard) in all theses cases ?
What does axiom read ?

Thanks a lot Adrian, Daly and others !

François