[Axiom-developer] multiple graphcs

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] multiple graphcs
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:45:46 -0500

More explicitly we want to graph x^3*(a+b*x) on the interval x=-1..1
)clear all
)set break resume

We assign values to the constants
a:=0.5
b:=0.5

draw the first case of the graph
y1:=draw(x^3*(a+b*x),x=-1..1,title=="2.2.10 explicit")

fetch the graph object
g1:=getGraph(y1,1)

and get the points that make up the graph
pointLists g1

Now we vary a parameter
b:=1.0

draw the new graph
y2:=draw(x^3*(a+b*x),x=-1..1)

fetch the object
g2:=getGraph(y2,1)

extract the points
pointLists g2

and add them to the first graph we drew (y1) as the "second graph" (2)
putGraph(y1,g2,2)

And we vary the parameter
b:=2.0

draw the new graph
y3:=draw(x^3*(a+b*x),x=-1..1)

fetch the object
g3:=getGraph(y3,1)

extract the points
pointLists g3

add the points to the first graph (y1) as the "third graph" (3)
putGraph(y1,g3,3)

and display the results.
vp:=makeViewport2D(y1)

You can have up to 9 graphs in one image. You can toggle the
display (on-off) of the individual graphs in the graphics control
panel.

You can also construct multi-graph images by displaying individual
graphs each in their own window (say windowA and windowB). You can
"pick" a graph from windowA and "drop" it into windowB using the
control panels.