Re: [Axiom-developer] summer of code

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] summer of code
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:22:14 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> Axiom has been accepted as a Summer of Code project.

Great, although I noted that you later said we are in limbo.

> This represents a great opportunity for us as we can get paid
> labor to work on particular topics. And it represents an interesting
> experiment in open source support.

> I need some people to volunteer to review the students resumes.

Count me in. I have edited the Summer of Code page to add item labels so it
would be easy to refer to potential students and they can simply provide the
item labels of the projects they like.

At the bottom of the page is a section for mentors. I am hoping that volunteers
will insert their information (in alphabetical order by last name) there. I put
yours in and hope that all student applications should be channeled through you
(please check the page to see if that is ok).

> I'm in the process of switching jobs (from CCNY to CMU) which
> will involve a move so my net connection might be interrupted
> for a short while.

Wishing you the best at CMU,

William