[Axiom-developer] Tidy HTML

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Tidy HTML
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:42:44 -0400

Kai,

The converted pages at

http://kaikaminski.gmxhome.de/hyper/rootpage.html

look pretty good in Firefox 1.0 but when looking at the page
source I see quite a few format peculiarities that are artifacts
of the conversion. As you know, it's typical of modern web
browsers that they are very tolerant of improperly formatted
XHTML code but the results can be unpredictable in different
versions of browsers.

Anyway as part of your conversion process, I think you should
include a filter like HTML Tidy:

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

I have had very good results with this program.