[Axiom-developer] [#200 display of TwoDimensionalArray of type Union(...

From: kratt6
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#200 display of TwoDimensionalArray of type Union(...) is not properly formatted]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:34:48 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/200DisplayOfTwoDimensionalArrayOfTypeUnionIsNotProperlyFormatted/diff
--
I debugged this a little but hit a wall. In 'ARR2CAT' you find the appropriate
conversion operation::

    if R has CoercibleTo(OutputForm) then

      coerce(m:%) ==
        l : List List OutputForm
        l := [[qelt(m,i,j) :: OutputForm _
                  for j in minColIndex(m)..maxColIndex(m)] _
                  for i in minRowIndex(m)..maxRowIndex(m)]
        matrix l

which really looks alright. Note also, that
\begin{axiom}
  Union(INT, FLOAT) has KOERCE OUTFORM
\end{axiom}

and the operation is not overridden in 'ARRAY2' or 'IIARRAY2'. But the miracle
is, inserting a 'print("hi")$Lisp' in the above operation shows that it
actually doesn't get invoked. Somehow it seems to me that rather the following
function from 'HOAGG' gets invoked::

       coerce(x:%):OutputForm ==
         bracket
            commaSeparate [a::OutputForm for a in parts x]$List(OutputForm)

which can be seen by looking at:
\begin{axiom}
n:TwoDimensionalArray Union(Integer, Float):=new(2,2,0)
n::OUTFORM::SEX
\end{axiom}
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden