Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom sources for Debian release with 2.6.7

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom sources for Debian release with 2.6.7
Date: 02 Sep 2005 12:25:59 -0400

Greetings!

<address@hidden> writes:

> On September 2, 2005 11:09 AM Camm Maguire wrote:
> >
> > Greetings!  There are just a few probe-file -> truename patches
> > required.  Should I apply these to the April 2005 sources and
> > make a Debian release?  Or is there a later official savannah
> > version coming?
> >

> There are some patches emminent to support the Aldor integration.
> With those in place the optional install of the Aldor binaries
> would be much easier.
>
> Wouldn't it be great to have Aldor on Debian?
>
> I am very much in favor of Martin Rubey's suggestion that we
> petition Stephen Watt to release Aldor as open source. Or perhaps
> we might be able to convince him to let the Axiom Foundation
> release Aldor.
>
> What do you think?

Not being particularly familiar with Aldor and its capabilities, I can
infer from the comments I've heard here about it that it is well worth
releasing if possible.  I thought there were some licensing issues
outstanding.  If these can be resolved, I'd be most happy to package
for Debian and add to the effective gcl regression/application suite
of maxima,acl2 and axiom.  Does Aldor require axiom?

Am afraid I'm a bit short on time right now for corresondence, so it
would be most helpful if someone else could get release permission
commensurate with the DFSG.

Take care,