Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package proposals and questions

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package proposals and questions
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, while I remember - would it workable to adopt the following
notation for reduced dimensions?

Say we have a dimension Force, and when we reduce it we have
Mass*Length/Time^2  (I'd use the work example but I'm running late.)
Say we want those to be reduced dimensions - can we use this notation
or are Axiom's output forms not that flexible:

Mass[r]*Length[r]/Time[r]^2

I don't know how we want to denote this on units - my thinking at the
moment is that reduced dimensions don't have reduced units, but that's
just off the cuff.

Cheers,
CY