[Axiom-developer] [#217 Severe Compiler error?]

From: kratt6
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#217 Severe Compiler error?]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 05:27:27 -0500

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/217SevereCompilerError/diff
--

??changed:
-I'm afraid I found my first severe compiler error. Unfortunately, I do not
know yet how to workaround. I cannot even see how to localize it. I put an
example on SandBox3, but I'll try to reproduce it here.
I'm afraid I found my first severe compiler error. Unfortunately, I do not know
yet how to workaround. I cannot even see how to localize it.

\begin{spad}
)abbrev package TEST Test
Test(): Exports == Implementation where

   NNI ==> NonNegativeInteger

   Exports == with

     subsetToComp: List Integer -> List NNI

   Implementation == add

     subsetToComp v ==
       res: List NNI := []
\end{spad}

\begin{axiom}
)set stream calculate 3
s := coefficients series(q^(m-i),q=1)
)lib TEST
eval(s.2,i,%A)
eval(s.2,i,%B)
\end{axiom}

Obviously, the final lines should read 'm-%A' and 'm-%B'. The error seems to go
away if the series is generated after the ')lib' command or if the series
contains no other variables apart from 'q' and 'i'. Furthermore, '%A' seems to
be somehow special, but I cannot reproduce this peculiarity here.

I would be very grateful if somebody could at least localize the error, so that
I can determine when it happens. This bug has unfortunately tremendous
implications, for example, a product like $\prod_{i=1}^n f(i)$ is replaced by

--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden