[Axiom-developer] Re: Debian Axiom - Compile problem

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian Axiom - Compile problem
Date: 07 Nov 2005 18:05:29 -0500

Greetings!

Hans Peter Würmli <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Camm
>
> I can probably not reproduce all the smaller or larger glitches I
> encountered,
> but they all seemed to be like the one with postprop.
>
> > Am fixing this now in a -4 debian package upload.  It would be most
> > helpful if you could send me the exact description of what you are
> > doing to trigger any errors you see so that I can ensure they are gone
> > before uploading.
> >

> postprop missing: )compile some.spad

OK, this is being added.

> libdb.text missing: search in hyptertext

This does not appear included in the distribution (i.e. under
mnt/linux) after compilation.  In any case, I cannot reproduce this
error and need a more specific example.

> htsearch not functioning correctly: looking for "eval" works, for "eval*"
> doesn't (I use unicode: could that make a difference?)

Both eval and eval* work for me, unsure what to do here.

> or sometimes:
> sh: line 1: htsearch: command not found
> syntax error: expected a page
> While parsing (null)
> Unexpected EOF

The path variable is not set correctly at present.  Am fixing this in
the next upload.

> I set the SPADEDIT environment variable to /usr/bin/emacs. emacs is called
> alright out of hypertext (or an axiom session), but the source.spad file to
> inspect is not presented (this seems to be a path problem).

This is a long standing bug in axiom proper (as opposed to the Debian
package).  To fix this will require some modifications to the file
naming conventions to my understanding.

Thank you so much for this feedback!  Please feel free to use the
Debian bug tracking system to describe any anomalies you see -- this
way I can be sure the issues are not lost. (e.g. 'reportbug').

Take care,