[Axiom-developer] Anyone familiar with Xy-pic?

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Anyone familiar with Xy-pic?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:13:44 -0800 (PST)

Tim, you had mentioned earlier wanting to be able to click on the names
of elements in generated graphs of the source code and be taken to that
point in the text.  As far as I can tell graphviz is not usable for
this purpose, but I stumbled on something else which might be made to
serve:

http://www.tug.org/applications/Xy-pic/Xy-pic.html

I think this is a pdf of the user's manual:
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/Tools/Xy-pic/xy-pic-users-guide.pdf

Perhaps using this and hyperref (assuming they can be mixed and matched
- this is untested) hyperlinked graphs could be generated for use in
documentation.

There is a semi-relevant comparison of Xy-pic and graphviz here:
http://osl.iu.edu/~tveldhui/misc/hasse.html

I'm seeing comments that Xy-pic is a bit hard to learn, but perhaps the
end results of teaching both ourselves and Axiom about it could be
worth it?

Cheers,
CY

http://farechase.yahoo.com