RE: [Axiom-developer] reqeust

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] reqeust
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:08:51 -0500

Tim,

On November 11, 2005 12:26 AM you wrote:
> Now I need to be able to do two things:
>
>  1) make the web page look and act like an embedded shell

Why not use the AxiomUI work that Kai Kaminski developed? It
implements such a Axiom command input/output shell and uses
AJAX techniques.

>  2) drag and drop a file onto a web page and have it
>     automatically "uploaded" (of course, it's all running
>     on the same machine but don't assume that).
>
> Can AJAX help with these two problems?

I don't know of any type of interaction with a browser that
implements "drag and drop" actions - maybe it is possible
with the Mozilla extensions - but you can certainly write
a web page that uploads a file. That is a standard function
of HTML forms.