[Axiom-developer] Fancy LaTeX preamble

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fancy LaTeX preamble
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:55:36 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I would like to describe what I have done and why, in case
> > there is any merit in outlining the issues.
>
> post away. you don't need permission.

Just trying to avoid annoying the list :-).

Here is the preamble I am currently using - for any more elaborate
posting I'll have to wait until I'm back home.  I brought this one with
me but didn't have time to sort everything out.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{axiom}
\usepackage{ifthen}
\usepackage{fontenc}

% Here we will define some control logic for printing, in order
% to allow quick switching between using 1 inch margines and
% smaller margines, while also permitting the user to shrink
% specified equations in the different cases.  By default we
% will use the standard pamphlet formatting.

\newboolean{usefullpage}
\setboolean{usefullpage}{false}

% Uncomment this line to use 1 inch page margins:
%\setboolean{usefullpage}{true}

% Here we define control logic for producing a pdf version of
% the document.  TeTeX 3.0 and up seem to be semi-automatic, so
% using the old 2.x trick in the Maximabook didn't seem to work.

\newboolean{makepdf}
\setboolean{makepdf}{false}

% Uncomment this line to produce a properly formatted pdf
% document (the main difference is how hyperref is used).
%\setboolean{makepdf}{true}

% The actual ifthen control logic
\ifthenelse{\boolean{usefullpage}}{
   \usepackage{geometry}
   % For different paper sizes or margins adjust the
   % settings here
   \geometry{verbose,letterpaper,tmargin=1in,bmargin=1in,
             lmargin=1in,rmargin=1in}
   % If we are using the full page, we want to have all
   % equations full size
   \newcommand\resizeequation[1]{#1}
}{
   % If we are using the normal Axiom mode, we want some
   % equations to use smaller fonts
   \newcommand\resizeequation[1]{{\tiny #1}}
}

% These options will change options used for hyperref when
% pdflatex/pdftex is the generator
\ifthenelse{\boolean{makepdf}}{
  \usepackage[pdftex=true, plainpages=false, colorlinks=true,
              linkcolor=blue, breaklinks=true, pdfpagelabels,
              pdftitle={Units and Dimensions in Axiom},
              pdfauthor={Clifford Yapp}, pdfsubject={Axiom Units
              and Dimensions}, pdfkeywords={Axiom, CAS, Computer
              Algebra, Units, Dimensions, Dimensional, Analysis},
              bookmarksopen=false, pdfnewwindow=true,
              pdfstartview=FitH,
              pdfpagemode=UseOutlines]{hyperref}
}{
% hyperref calls for dvi file production
  \usepackage[backref=false, colorlinks=false,
              breaklinks=true]{hyperref}

> > Oh, related question - is there a place where I can upload
> > example pdf and dvi documents?
>
> do you have a userid on axiom-developer.org? we could set up
> one that has web access.

Don't think so, unless I put one up a while back - I'll check.  What is
involved with getting one?

Cheers,
CY

Yahoo! Music Unlimited