Re: [Axiom-developer] userinfo variable

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] userinfo variable
Date: 07 Dec 2005 23:31:07 +0100

Dear Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> axiom doesn't work by pattern matching or searching so the mechanism isn't
> the same as other systems.

You misread my mail. What I suggested was that, for example, the routine
mathli0 in intpm.spad:

-- matches the integral to a result of the form d * li(a) + int(v)
-- where k = log(a)
-- returns [a,d,v] or []
           matchli0(f, k, x) ==

would have as first line something like

             if userinfo > 0 then
               output(hconcat("Trying to match integral ", f::OutputForm, _
                              " to a result of the form d*li(a)+int(v) " _
                              " with log(a)=", k::OutputForm))$OutputPackage

and userinfo would be a variable defaulting to 0 and being set with

)set userinfo 1

Martin