[Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:10:21 -0500

> Well, in my opinion it would be better to tell people that axiom needs
> at least version x.y of noweb and provide workarounds for bugs of noweb
> if Norman Ramsey does not like to include them into his distribution. I
> would rather say that we should take noweb as a tool and leave further
> development of that to other people. We should rather concentrate on
> something that is more mathematical, like algebra. Would somebody
> disagree here?

disagree? is there something to disagree about? we use noweb. it has a
bug. we fix the bug and use the fixed version until the bug gets fixed
in the distributed version. the bug has been reported, the fix has been
coded and submitted. the fix was rejected because it modified the C code
(a language i speak) rather than using awk/sed/shell (languages i don't
speak). so it's a static situation and has been for 3 years. the standard
version fails, the patched version works. use the patched version.

if we get lucky your version of the fix will get accepted and we can
stop using our local patch.

have you sent a bug report and your fix to Norman?
is there a later version with your fix?