[Axiom-developer] Re: navigating Axiom's library

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: navigating Axiom's library
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:30:33 +0100

... hyperdoc ...
I would want to replace it with aldordoc.sty + some better browser that
extracts information about the .as sources and is able to navigate through
the Algbra hierarchy. Well, that would be the same idea as hyperdoc, but not
with hyperdoc but with an ordinary webbrowser.

Yes. Well, "some better browser" would probably be a javascript application or
something similar that composes html pages from smaller pieces dynamically.

I think that could be some direction. I am not a java(-script) programmer. So any way is welcome to me. But there should be first some program that goes

.asy --> .html(or something)

I've already contacted Yannis Chicha (the author of AldorDoc). Let's see whether he answers. Otherwise that could be one of my next little projects.

I think I could do this easily. And maybe I'll even do it for the next
release of ALLPROSE, since you keep asking for it.

(but please be aware of the fact that I will use Aldor only when it has become
a replacement for SPAD.

Of course we are all hoping for Aldor to become free software.

Ralf