[Axiom-developer] README of axiom--main--1

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] README of axiom--main--1
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:22:27 +0100

Dear Tim,

I've just browsed through axiom--main--1/README.
To me it seems there is some contradiction. See below.

Ralf

The src directory consists of human-written, system-independent
code. You can copy this directory (and the top-level makefiles) and
have a complete build system. *** Nothing in this directory is ever
changed by the Makefiles and it can be mounted in a read-only fashion
during the build process. ***

The zips directory contains particular distributions of
network-available software that is known to work with this release of
Axiom. Newer versions may work and, if so, should be added to this
directory. *** The makefiles that handle these files will unpack them into the correct locations in the src directory tree. ***