RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:17:29 -0500

On December 18, 2005 6:47 PM Tim Daly (root) wrote:

> third, jsMath clearly seems the way to go. at some point we
> can certainly generate jsMath just like we generate tex code
> from axiom. perhaps this could be a "summer of code" project.
> (added)

I am not sure what you mean by "generate jsMath" since the
language of jsMath is just (a subset of) LaTeX. Axiom already
generates compatible output (with a few minor exceptions) that
can be rendered by jsMath. jsMath is just an alternative to
running LaTeX on the server - instead of rendering LaTeX
equations and symbols as images embedded in HTML, jsMath
allows the LaTeX codinging itself to be embedded in the HTML
and then rendered by the browser on the client workstation.

That is exactly how Kai Kaminski's AxiomUI works already works.
That already was our "summer of code" project, remember? :)