RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:12:49 -0500

On Monday, December 19, 2005 11:14 PM Tim Daly (root) wrote:
> Jose wrote:
> > the discussions and possible future work. We managed to
> > have Zwiki-Latex working on the CD (the Fedora version).
> > Some problems in the lab stopped us from uploading it.
> > We will do that as soon as possible, with the proper
> > documentation.

Excellent!

> > I saw that wiki has now support for pamphlet files. I would
> > like to know if this is merged in the latest latexwiki.

Do you mean in the darcs repository on MathAction?

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/MathActionRepository

I don't think it is quite up to date. But if you want it
I can update it ASAP.

> > We created a little prototype of an application in which
> > you can drop a pamphlet file in a text Bfield and the source
> > and documentation will be extracted and compiled.
> > However the display is done using xdvi or other tool.
> > http://toolbox1.sytes.net/doyen/dragdrop/index.html .

That sounds VERY interesting. I would like to know more.
I would be glad to try to help add this functionality to
the Axiom Wiki.

> Bill Page has recently talked about writing the instructions
> necessary to install the whole zwiki/plone pile locally which
> we could adapt to the doyen CD. we've already done the work to
> set up a local server.

Yes, I am working on this.

> please copy address@hidden so others can help and
> please update the build instructions. your userid on
> axiom-developer.org should still be active.
>
> there ia a page at http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Doyen
> which you can modify to post the Doyen build instructions.
> try publishing them there and i'll try to build a doyen from
> them.

Yes, please keep in touch.