[Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:38:35 -0500

Jose,

On January 4, 2006 3:19 PM you wrote:
> >     * Module Products.LatexWiki.pamphletWrapper, line 29, in renderPDF
> >       NameError

Line 29 of pamphletWrapper.py is:
class LatexSyntaxError(Exception): pass
class NowebError(Exception): pass            <-------- compare
class DviPdfError(Exception): pass
class DviPngError(Exception): pass

def log(message,summary='',severity=0):
        zLOG.LOG('LatexWikiDebugLog',severity,summary,message)

def renderPDF(fDir,fName):
    """ render body source as PDF.
    """
    os.system("cd '%s'; rm -f '%s.pdf' '%s.ps' '%s.dvi' '%s.tex'"%(
      fDir,fName,fName,fName,fName))
    errors = ""
    try:
       runNoweb(fDir,fName)
    except NowebSyntaxError, data:            <--------- Line 29
       errors = str(data)
       log(errors, 'NowebSyntaxError')
       return escape(errors)

--------

This *is* an error in the source code. It should be:

    except NowebError, data:

In my tests this exception never tripped so I did not find
the error earlier. You should correct this in your version of
the code (I will correct it in on MathAction.). You should
also check to find the reason why the runNoweb call is causing
the exception. One possible reason is that your path to notangle
might be different. The command line for notangle in runNoweb
is at Line 102:

cmdLine =
  "cd '%s'; /usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/bin/lib/noweave -delay '%s.pamphlet'"

which of course is specific to the installation of Axiom on
the axiom-developer.org server. You will have to change this
and other similar local references.

Let me know if this helps.

PS. Please note that the email address for the axiom-developer