[Axiom-developer] [#247 editing pamphlet does not update png image of fi

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#247 editing pamphlet does not update png image of first page] image caching
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:49:37 -0600

Changes
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/247EditingPamphletDoesNotUpdatePngImageOfFirstPage/diff
--
This is caused by the fact that the server configuration on axiom-developer
(MathAction) aggressively tries to cache all images for reasons of efficiency.
It is supposed to be possible to configure the Apache web server to notice a
change in the image file and send a 'cache invalid' message to the front-end
web cache (maybe it is a Squid server somewhere in the ISP RoseHosting
network but I am not sure), however I have not been able to get this to
work. Caching of images can even occur at the level of the browser itself.

As a work-a-round, always remember to click 'page reload' after editing the
pamphlet file.
--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden