[Axiom-developer] Re: GCL and Ubuntu

From: Gordon Shaw Novak
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL and Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:52:52 -0600

Camm,

>Am happy to announce that I've restored xgcl-2

That's very good news!  Thank you very much for your help on this.

I don't mind at all if one has to deliberately load something
to get xgcl.  It makes sense to load something rather than autoload,
especially if it causes portability problems.  Likewise, I agree
that we should not pollute the name space with many symbols.
If use-package does what is needed, that would be fine.

If you could send me the X10.h and the X11 equivalent, I could look
at bringing things up to X11.

I have a program to convert LaTeX to html, so I could easily convert
dwdoc.tex to html if that would help.

Many thanks, Gordon