RE: [Axiom-developer] My second compile command.

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] My second compile command.
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:53:37 -0500

On February 16, 2006 3:45 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> root <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > >    >> System error:
> > >    Cannot rename the file #p"FACTFUNC.erlib" to
> #p"FACTFUNC.NRLIB".
>
> Since I modify spad code quite a lot, I know this message
> well. I didn't get round to write a bug report, though.

Now would be a good time to submit one ... :)

  http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/IssueTracker#addissue

> It happens always when a compile succeeds and you want to
> compile a second time (since you modified the source code,
> for example)
>
> It did not occur in earlier releases. February 2005 works,
> for example.

This might be due to a change in the underlying lisp semantics
for PROBE-FILE and TRUENAME that were part of GCL 2.6.7. See:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2005-09/msg00045.html

This might be another case that was not caught.

Regards,
Bil Page.