Re: [Axiom-developer] Hyper doc search error

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Hyper doc search error
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:19:44 +0100

Tim,

at compilation time it should be known whether one uses awk, gawk, or nawk and in which directory they live. My suggestion would be to generate a link (for example, ln -s /bin/awk $AXIOM/bin). Then use

#!./awk

in the first line of the file.

Or remove #!/bin/awk -f from presea and name the resulting file presea.awk

At compile time you generate a file "presea" with the following content:

#!/bin/sh
exec /path/to/[gn]?awk -f presea.awk

Oh, now I am just a bit curious. With all these paths it sounds like Axiom isn't running natively on Windows. Does one always need MinGW? (I'm not using it anyway, but just for curiosity...)