Re: [Axiom-developer] BINGO,Curiosities with Axiom mathematical structur

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] BINGO,Curiosities with Axiom mathematical structures
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:10:47 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> On 03/09/2006 08:27 PM, William Sit wrote:
> > Martin:
> >
> > Good work (I'm impressed :-).
>
> Sorry, but I am not so much. I've already pointed out one problem in my
> last mail and Bill saw another.

Those who are ignorant can be easily impressed!  (The earlier comment was just a
joke to Bill's remark that I can be easily "not impressed" (from
SandBoxMonoid)).

The more we discussed this, the more it showed how difficult it is to master
Axiom/Aldor and their limitations. But that was a very good learning and
humbling experience.

To me, Martin's find that:

>Bottom of Page 120 of the Aldor User Guide says:

> If two extensions have intersecting categories, then they may not be
> imported in the same scope.

may just have "nailed the coffin". (But I am not sure I fullly understand that
line: what are "intersecting categories"?).

William