[Axiom-developer] FC5 success (well sort of)

From: Raymond E. Rogers
Subject: [Axiom-developer] FC5 success (well sort of)
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 19:13:25 -0400

Finally got around to getting it running.
Below is how to get a working version; except....
The text entry in the browser window doesn't seem to work and doesn't
report errors(:  and htsearch permissions aren't set to execute.  There
is probably a make error I missed.  If somebody doesn't give me a hint I
will save the make output and examine it. I usually do that, but
neglected this time since it's so strange.
BTW: presume I have forgotten or mistyped something; you will have a
happier life.

Ray

******************
I can package this up in a bash script if wanted.  But I hope most of it
will go away.  The Makefile.pamphlet will be updated; and the libXpm.a
will go into the release.
In other words look around a little before using these instructions;
make sure they make sense at the time and date you are using them.

If somebody wants I can edit the Makefile.pamphlet to retarget X11 paths
for FC5.

********************

To get a functioning axiom on Fedora 5 as of 4/10/06
*****************
root
libXpm.a is missing from the DVD install
get libXpm from
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/fedora-linux-core/5/source/SRPMS/
do a build and install.  Of course it goes to different place,
Apparently they changed to X11R7 and put it in /usr/local/lib/
for now:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libXpm.a  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.a

go to some convenient directory and
make sure to mv any old axiom; a bad previous compile gummed up the cvs

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/axiom co axiom
(my editor wrapped the last line)

cd axiom
./configure
make
should build and test
make install

cd /usr/src/axiom/mnt/linux/bin
chmod a+x htsearch

user home:  .bashrc  , or /etc/profile or /etc/bashrc
 PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/bin