Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:22:13 +0200

On 04/12/2006 03:46 PM, root wrote:
I would like to discuss the organization of branches and procedures.

I'd suggest that you create a new branch in the root version
of Makefile.pamphlet called 'silver'. So someone who wants to
build the silver version would use something like:

export AXIOM=~/mnt/silver

or
export AXIOM=~/mnt/linux-silver

Sorry, I cannot see any point in doing this. If somebody checks out from the SVN silver branch to ~/silver then the compilation result is a SilverAxiom and it lives under ~/silver/${MNT}/${SYS}.

Exactly the same if you check out from the axiom--main--1 (gold) archive to ~/gold you get a GoldAxiom under ~/gold/${MNT}/${SYS}.

Ralf