[Axiom-developer] Re: star merge and the silver branch

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: star merge and the silver branch
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:55:47 +0200

On 05/02/2006 11:00 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Of course, SVN has some weaknesses (especially not being able to do a
| star-merge), but since you could live with CVS for many years, I am
| sure you can cope with that missing feature anyway.

Hi Ralf,

  Since you have been teasing us about this feature for a long time,
I put a short description of how to work on the Axiom silver branch
with SVK.  See

    http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSilverBranch

SVK has implemented Tom Lord's "star merge" algorithm (I have not
used it myself)

    http://svkbook.elixus.org/nightly/en/svk.ref.svk.c.smerge.html

I do however use SVK frequently (though I'm no expert) and the steps I
put on the wiki are those I followed to set up a working SVK
repository for myself.

Hmmm, currently I use psvn.el http://www.xsteve.at/prg/emacs/ and I am relatively satisfied with it. Unfortunately, I had no luck with http://svk.elixus.org/?SVKTools. My xemacs has some problem with them and I just did not look into this problem.

Ralf