Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure
Date: 07 May 2006 23:56:44 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| my testing of your patches fails.
| i don't see how your tests could have succeeded.
|
| there must be something missing. the point of the patch is to
| suppress printing of compiler notes. your patches remove my
| patches but they do not suppress compiler notes. somewhere
| in initialization you must add the line:
|
| #+:akcl (setq compiler::*suppress-compiler-notes* t)
|
| did i miss something?

Do you have test failing?

Like I said I did a full build and test; I ran Axiom on some programs
of mine using recursion -- not large size though.  I did not see
anything failing nor see more noise than before -- as diff could tell me.

I went through the archive, and finally discover this in
src/interp/Makefile.pamplhet:

\section{Building SAVESYS and AXIOMSYS}
GCL likes to tell you when it has replaced a function call by a
tail-recursive call. This happens when the last form in a function
is a call to the same function. In general, we don't care so we set
compiler::*suppress-compiler-notes* to true in order to reduce the noise.

and below, there is this line:

        @ echo '#+:akcl (setq compiler::*suppress-compiler-notes* t)' >>
${OUT}/makeint.lisp

Are you having a failure that necesitate the setting of
compiler::*suppress-compiler-notes everything time Axiom is invoked?

-- Gaby