Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:01:02 +0200

On 05/11/2006 06:28 PM, Page, Bill wrote:
No. _ can be used as a line continuation both at the command line
and in .input files. And I think also in SPAD (and Aldor)?

I would always suggest to forget about the #pile mode when you program in Aldor, but as _ escapes the next character (and removes trailing spaces, yes _ also works in Aldor. You can compile the following file using "aldor -grun -laldor aaa.as".

--begin aaa.as
#include "aldor"
#include "aldorio"
#pile
import from Integer;

stdout <<_
12345 + _
78<< newl_
ine <<_
"hello _" __ world" << newline
--end aaa.as

Note that the identifier "newline" goes over two lines. That does not work for keywords, though.

Ralf