Re: [Axiom-developer] B natural

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] B natural
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:47:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Martin Rubey wrote:

| Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > Also, I have been looking for the a formal grammar description of SPAD.
| > Where can I find it?  The AXIOM book seems silent about it....
|
| Forget about SPAD, go for Aldor.

The source code of the Aldor compiler is not available; SPAD's is.  I
heard there are talks tomove on that front, but how long we have to wait.
I cannot tell my students to wait till next year or so.
Yes, of course I can initiate a mini project where where they will
build an Aldor-like translator, but I rather have them start with a
base code and add transformations or type system convenient features.

| The formal description of aldor starts on page
| 239 (Chapter 22) of the Aldor User Guide. Christian Aistleitner once pointed
| out that it is not completely correct, you have to ask him for details. (He
| even wrote a parser for Aldor in Aldor once, so he knows...)

OK, thanks for the info.

-- Gaby