[Axiom-developer] Bib update - PACS working now - close to ready

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Bib update - PACS working now - close to ready
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

At the risk of spamming the list, I can now report that the PACS
scripts are working.  They prune the PACS entries down to chapters with
sections present only if content is also present.  The MSC is still at
subsection pruning - it will be a bit tricky to intelligently prune
sections, and I'm undecided if it is worthwhile or not.  (It probably
is, but if anyone has any good ideas on how to conditionalize it I
would appreciate it.)

The new example/test is here:
http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/axiombibliography.pdf/download

I've also gone ahead and uploaded the scripts that I'm using to
generate this -
http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/axiombibliographysystem.tar.gz/download

On a unix system with standard tools (gawk, sort, grep, bash, latex,
etc) and bibtool (might have to install that one, link is here:
http://www.gerd-neugebauer.de/software/TeX/BibTool.en.html) one goes
into the bibliography dir and types ./generatebibliography.sh to run
the machinery.  The MSC html files and the PACs text file are in there
for convenience, along with an example file called test.bib.  To clean
up after latex run ./cleanup.sh and to REALLY clean up use the
__reset__.sh file.

It's rough, but it appears to work.  If this is to go into Axiom I
suppose it needs to be made into a literate document, but first we need
to decide IF it's worth putting into Axiom ;-).  Both code and bibtex
style documentation will be needed to do this correctly, so if the word
is go I'll get started putting those together.  I think with this in
place we can proceed to start building our axiom.bib file and turn our
pamphlets into real academic papers, citations and all.

Cheers,
Cliff