[Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:28:45 +0200

Y: CatA == (ABC add);
W: CatA == (ABC add)@CatABC;

The result for Z is false. Maybe you meant "why for Y the
answer is false but for X it is true"?

Well that was an error on my side. My code changed while I was writing the email.

It should be clear by now that Y has static and dynamic type CatA while W has static type CatA and dynamic type CatABC. It basically says that the "(...)@CatABC" hides the "add" inside the parentheses. The whole construction for W is not an add-expression.

Ralf