[Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:35:28 -0400

Alfredo

Thanks for setting this up. This content on the DoyenCD is
very important. I hope some other people here on this list
take a few moments to review the pages that you have already
added and to suggest a few more pages that should be merged
from the Axiom Wiki.

It is very easy to update the documentation on the DoyenCD
now that you have set up this web site.

On July 30, 2006 8:40 PM you wrote:

> I think I finished copying the front-page for the Doyen CD
> from axiom-developer. Please when you have a chance, if you
> can check the site:
>
> http://doyen.sytes.net

I think it's looking good!

Do you think we should contact our Axiom sponsors to make sure
they have no objection to being named on the frontpage of Doyen?
I presume that CAISS has already given permission, but perhaps
we should also get the official approval of RISC. Ralf Hemmecke
is our contact person there.

> Work still has to be done in the interior pages, but all the
> links in the front page take to their appropriate content.

I noticed (e.g. click Axiom Book download) that you were still
missing the 'Mirrors' dtml method that serves to re-direct
downloads and remind people about donation, participation
options etc.

I just got the source text here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Mirrors/src

and created a new named Mirrors with a page type of
'StructuredText(+DTML)'. Of course you might want to change a
few things, e.g. add another link to the page that allows the
user to choose between a local download from the local Cdrom or
from either the main axiom-developer site or the axiom-risc
mirror. Maybe the over the web downloads aren't necessary here?

> Anybody that feels more information should be added, especially
> when the live cds are distributed in conferences, please let
> me know, or please feel free to make the changes yourself.

Besides creating the Mirrors page I also updated the link to
IssueTracker so that it always points to axiom-developer.org.
I'll try to find a little more time tomorrow to take another
look.