Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux

From: Kai Kaminski
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:33:06 +0200

I usually have just one working copy. If I come across a problem, I fix it and try to recompile. If it works, fine. But if I should submit a "diff -Naur" patch I need the old an the new file. The old file is gone, of course, so I need a checkout of a second (original) working copy to be able to "diff -Naur". I believe that that is completely unnecessary, because the SVN working copy as well as the tla working copy have the original files stored either in .svn or in the {arch} subdirectories.

I just don't know how I would use "diff" in a convenient way. Could somebody suggest something and put it onto the Wiki?

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/HowToSubmitPatches
I don't have Subversion installed right now, so I can't check wether this actually works, but according to the documentation the following should do the trick:

svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff -x "-Naur" some.foo.pamphlet

Of course, it is possible to specify the revisions to compare etc. For more details, see http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/re09.html.

Kai

PS: If this is what you've been looking for, I'll put it on the wiki.