RE: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] Requests for discussion

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] Requests for discussion
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 00:59:10 -0400

Tim,

On Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:11 AM you asked:

> Do you have an up-to-date set of sources from which you can
> build the windows image? Are they someplace I can get at them?

Up-to-date? No, only the originals in the arch axiom--windows--1
branch and the same sources in darcs - both dated about Tue,
15 Mar 2005. :(

You can get to either of these for windows (but using tla on
Windows is a bit awkward). For details see:

"How I Built Axiom on Windows" at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/BuildAxiom

The only things missing here are the list of gcc files that must
be included in order to compile SPAD code and how to use NSYS to
build the actualy binary distribution for windows. If anyone gets
that far, I can help fill in these gaps.