RE: [Axiom-developer] Old Lisp

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Old Lisp
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:04:25 -0400

On August 12, 2006 10:18 AM Gabriel Dos Reis

>   Part of planning to clean up a bit the lsp/ directory, I'm removing
> old GCL bits.  Old GCL here means anything prior to GCL-2.6.7.

I think that is a very good idea. I would encourage you to delete
*everything* that is not directly related to the current Axiom
build. I think we should not let the Axiom distribution collect
any cruft and we should not use it to re-distribute other packages
just because they might be a little hard to find.

I continue to be very impressed and pleased by your work on the
new Silver build_improvements branch. It cheers me up immensely. :-)