Re: [Axiom-developer] pamphlet problems

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] pamphlet problems
Date: 14 Aug 2006 03:56:22 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| sigh.
|
| noweb, configure, GCL, latex, svn, arch, darcs, etc....
|
| i think we need to create a new top level file called "PROCON"
| which contains a particular issue and summarizes the arguments
| both for (PRO) and against (CON) a particular decsion. there
| are many topics that keep coming up again and again. the mailing
| list isn't a sufficiently specific way to collect these arguments.
|
| once these are summarized we can point new people to the file.
| unless some truly new argument is advanced we should not have to
| revisit these decisions.
|
| agree or disagree?

Sounds familiar to me, so I don't have any objection.

[ that is the way we used to operate for libstdc++ and GCC.  that
does not means decision in stones, just that once we all agree, we
need new inputs, either not available at the time, or based on the
experience gained from following earlier directions. ]

I'm looking forward to the long threads we are going to have :-)

-- Gaby