[Axiom-developer] RE: http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/MutualRecursion

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/MutualRecursion
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:46:09 -0400

On August 18, 2006 8:09 AM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/MutualRecursion
>
> I think you need to remove the .erlib file from the harddisk.
> (Click on the first "+spad" of that site.)

The problem is not the 'xxx.erlib' directory as such but rather the
failure to overwrite the existing 'xxx.NRLIB' directory. Something
has changed in recent versions of Axiom, gcl or linux which prevents
the lisp function delete-file from deleting the directory.

See details:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxArrays

This is a known and annoying bug described here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/302CannotRenameTheFileErlibToNRLIB

Tim believes the problem is in GCL but Camm says that aspect of GCL
has not changed. We need to find a solution.

As a work-round to the problem perhaps we should modify Axiom to
call

  (system "rm -r xxx.NRLIB")

before the rename?