[Axiom-developer] obsolete pages and portal download

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] obsolete pages and portal download
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:11:09 -0400

Dear Bill:

Is there any info that is still useful on
http://page.axiom-developer.org?
Can some of these pages be deleted (or made unreadable by the public)?
It becomes very confusing to new users with so many info pages from the
past. Below are some sample wanderings:

I went and logged into http://portal.axiom-developer.org and click on
the Download button on the left. It said "Binary images and source
files", but "There are currently no items in the folder."

>From there, I selected the Home page. I don't think the posts after the
"add comment" button should belong there. The first post is "I try again
..." is dated 2004-09-02. While users should be allowed to post
comments, these should be monitored by everyone on the developer-list to
keep the info relevant.

When I viewed the download.html page (result after search on "axiom
download", the page seemed to be quite out of date). For example, it
says:
"The first release of Axiom is under development."

The page: http://portal.axiom-developer.org/wiki/AxiomWiki Main page,
which is: http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/wiki/AxiomWiki, is
2 years old.

Just a random comment from random browsing. Your work on the site is
always appreciated.

William