Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements: Hyperdoc

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements: Hyperdoc
Date: 01 Sep 2006 19:08:04 -0500

root <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| point 1 is that until recently i did not have a working svn client and
| could not patch silver. thus, i didn't.

see?  Now imagine, I don't have latex on a machine I would like to
check Axiom on.  That *is* reality.

| point 2 is that silver was intended as a testing ground for ideas
| whereas gold is a place where official system builds reside.

My understanding and recollection are that silver is a testbed and
only good ans well-tested ideas move to gold, *and* fixes to gold must
be present in silver.  Otherwise, the wholse excercise becomes
pointless.

| point 3 is that i don't have the time to maintain silver with the
| very latest patches in any reliable way.

I don't think people ask you to maintain silver -- that is why I
volunteered for it.  However, people are asking that if you have a fix
for a problem in both golden and silver, make sure it gets applied to
silver first.

-- Gaby