Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:04:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, root wrote:

| > | I can't claim that it does 'just work' but I do try hard to make it so.
| >
| > everybody is trying hard.  You have to admit that if you open the door
| > for more testing, you might have more hands to help you.  Maybe you
| > don't want that, I don't really know.
|
| I believe this discussion started because I suggested using the
| sourceforge compile farm for testing. You eventually replied that
| since the sourceforge farm didn't supply latex on certain platforms
| you were not going to test them. But you can install latex.
|
| I want testing, especially for the build mechanism.

As I said earlier, I do want to do the testing -- I don't think I've
proposed anything amounting to do merge on silver without testing on
enough platforms.  I've called for help for testing earlier.

I just don't want to go and install "random" tools on all the SF
compile farm machines and spend time making sure that when I switch to
a different platform my PATH pick the right binaries.

-- Gaby