Re: [Axiom-developer] mercurial source code control system

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] mercurial source code control system
Date: 16 Sep 2006 09:00:10 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| > We are already using 4 different source code control systems in
| > the Axiom project (CVS, ARCH, SVN, DARCS) and no one is entirely
| > happy with any one of them, so what's the harm in considering
| > yet another? :-)
|
| Gaby uses SVK to access our SVN archive. ;-)

Indeed.

How many active developers do we have?  How many VCS do we use?

I'm quite happy with SVN+SVK.  It is a pity SF's server is such a pain
in the ass to work with. :-(

| Seriously, who is using CVS? Should we consider to drop keeping the
| CVS archive(s) in sync with GOLD? Should we drop CVS support? This
| synching process is needless work in my eyes... and we don't have so
| much resources.

it looks like we are more effective at replicating the base source
code in many VCS than actually moving it forward :-/
(that includes me)

-- Gaby