Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL on MAC OSX (powerpc)

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL on MAC OSX (powerpc)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:02:41 -0400

> | I spent the day trying to build axiom on the MAC.
> | GCL builds and generates a lisp image that works.
> | (I'm using the Xcode development environment).
> | Unfortunately if you do a save-system the stored
> | image will NOT work.
>
> What are the symptoms?

frustration, fatigue, lack of....

oh, you mean the failure?
the lisp runs fine but the image after the save-system
fails with an illegal instruction. looks like the link
edit failed to fill in a branch somewhere. i played with
GDB for a while but got nowhere.

Can't get Martin's stuff to work, can't get MAC stuff to work.
Made no perceptible progress at all this weekend. sigh.