Re: [Axiom-developer] boottocl

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] boottocl
Date: 02 Oct 2006 07:37:58 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| On September 30, 2006 10:36 PM Gaby wrote:
| > Assume I have an issue with how boottocl works, which version am
| > I supposed to modify?  I'm talking of the system as it currently
| > is -- not how it could theoretically be.
| >

| If you were planning to change anything significant in Boot
| I would suggest that you plan on *first* modifying the build
| so that the bootsys step with the old compiler is not longer
| necessary, i.e. start with the new Boot in interp. Then there
| will only be one  version to maintain and the build process
| will be (slightly) faster.

Based on what Tim said, I don't think I'm going to gain much from
elimintating "old" boot at the moment.  The build time, as I see it, is
dominated by building the algebras.  And each algebra file seems to me
to take forever to compile.  Making compilation faster is going to
speed up the built process.

-- Gaby